Design Technology Developer
Member of the firmwide design technology development team to automate design, documentation, and administration processes into applications and deploy for large scale use across the firm.
- Develop new web and desktop based tools for broad and narrow design and documentation processes
- Manage HOK's open-source Revit add-ins and web-based BIM health dashboard, Mission Control
- Collaborate with project teams, market sector leaders, and IT software developers
Architectural Technology Specialist
Worked alongside and assisted project teams design and data management, focusing research efforts in visualization, environmental analysis, and computation.
- Developed web-based applications, dashboards, and scripts for project teams and firm management
- Conducted specialized processes for projects including daylight analysis, high-quality rendering, Grasshopper/Dynamo script creation
- Worked on design projects while pursing licensure, especially on projects requiring complex modeling or computation
Residential design with a focus on high-performance renovations and new construction.
- Responsible for all aspects of a project, including schematic design, BIM modeling and rendering, and construction document production
- Learned principles of building science through detailing and specifying high-performance assemblies and conducting basic energy analysis from BIM models
- Worked on projects pursuing Passive House, LEED, and Living Building certification
React, Vue, Angular (2+), AngularJS
Data Analysis + Visualization Libraries
ElasticSearch, D3.js, Vega, Pandas, Numpy, p5.js
Backend + Infrastructure
Node.js, Docker, Cloud Platforms (GCP, Azure, AWS)
Collaboration + Automation
Git, Continuous Integration + Deployment
Revit, Rhino + Grasshopper, Dynamo
Membership + Accolades
Registered Architect (Missouri)2018-Present
AIA Kansas City Equity in Architecture Committee Co-Chair2018-2020
TT Core Studio AECTech Hackathon - Best Overall Hack2019
Using our own pre-trained CycleGAN model of building sketches + images, our team developed a web interface to start sketching (using p5.js) that sends the sketch image to a RunwayML web server, which generates a "rendered" version of the image and returns it to the user in the same page.
Team: Byron Mardas, Sounok Sarkar, Marios Tsiliakos
ACADIA Hackathon Winner2015
Used Grasshopper C# nodes with Flux.io to send arbitrary Grasshopper nodes to a remote machine, compute the result, and return it to the user's machine.
Partner: Ramon van de Heijden
Iowa State University2008-2013
Bachelor of Architecture
Architecture & Environmental Studies Double Major
Digital Media Minor